Friday, July 3, 2020

Good morning. Sunshine! and Hello RFUMC !

Ravenswood Fellowship United Methodist Church

The Weekly Newsletter


   Message from Pastor Mori

Greetings in Christ! 
 
First of all, I want to express great appreciation to the Lord who guides my life for the exciting opportunity to join Ravenswood Fellowship UMC as Pastor.

Over the past two weeks, I have been overwhelmed by your warm welcome, generosity, and hospitality! As I begin my ministry here I am very encouraged by your love and openness. 
Normally, we would be able to meet in person, and have council, staff and ministry teams begin to conduct worship in the sanctuary. But we now have a new-normal and things have changed in ways that none of us have ever experienced in our lives. 
However, I want to look at the bright side: we are so blessed to have the technology to proceed with worship, and we can keep our ministry going even in the midst of these extraordinary times. 
While I look forward to meeting you all, I want to share with you a little about myself. 

I was born and raised in Seoul, South Korea, which is the capital city. My neighborhood was Gang-Nam (Have you ever heard the Gang-Nam style song? Listen ) 
I graduated from Seoul Women's University and I studied Writing, Educational Psychology and Clinical Psychology.  I first realized my call for ministry when I was working as a Clinical Psychologist at the SNU hospital. My heart was full of passion to deliver God's word to people suffering from their wounds. So, I left my job and my family to come to the U.S.A to study theology. I earned a Master of Divinity degree at Garrett Evangelical Theological Seminary. Right after graduation in 2018, I was appointed to Red Oak and Wyanet UMC as a local pastor. I served two years and during that time, I learned a lot about agricultural life and the rural areas of America. (I will share my really important information next week, such as my favorite ice cream or whether I am a white sox fan or cubs fan, or my Tik Tok challenge list, etc) 

My ministry goal is HERB: Healing, Empowering, Restoring, and Blessing. I will share HERB with you soon.
As I have begun to prepare for this opportunity here at Ravenswood Fellowship, I feel nothing but excitement for what the future may hold. As God certainly knows the beautiful history of RFUMC, it is assuring that God also knows the future of our Church. And God will be there to lead and guide us every step of the way. 
 
Stay well 
 
Blessings in Christ.
Pastor Mori O 
 
 
 
 

Give on PayPal

Community Info & Links

Thank you Pastor Erin. You will be missed !!
Thank you, Pastor Erin you have been such a blessing to RFUMC.
We want you to know how much we appreciate everything that you have done for the church. Especially during the COVID-19 crisis, your genuine caring helped us to keep our ministry going in this difficult time.
As you go to start new adventures in your life, may God bless you and grace be with you. On your farewell, we will pray that you continue to rise. 

We are going to miss you. Goodbye and stay in touch!

(Did you miss the farewell parade? Then please send an email to Pastor Erin !!) 


Now Open Café Mori! 
Do you love coffee and tea and chocolate?  I do. 
Please visit
Café Mori (Pastor's office in the church) 
We have prepared super delicious free coffee and tea!
Bring your Laptop and AirPods. And do your thing in here. 
I guarantee it is (maybe) better than Starbucks! 

  July Café Mori Hours
Tue-Fri 10:00-3:00
(Mori's lunch break 12:00-1:00)
Wear Mask -Big Welcome, No Mask- Booooooooo ~ 


Bishop's Weekly Message: "My Story of White Privilege." 
Have you ever thought about white privilege? Bishop Sally gives us her own story of white privilege as it relates to her journey as a Christian. "White privilege. Did you just brace yourself, if you look like me? It's a term that's been around at least since the late 1980s, but we have heard and learned more about it recently."

Read more here Video message here
 

Seeking Teens who care about Racial Justice! Justice Generation
Be part of a group of United Methodist high school students (grades 9-12) who are learning and acting for racial justice.  We will meet in two-hour sessions. Sunday evenings, monthly throughout the 2020/21 school year.  High impact learning activities will be based on guest speakers, books, films, music, and discussion. Cost is $50 per student (additional costs for travel).  This learning group is limited to 40 students. Applications are due August 1.  

Seeking Young Adult Leaders/Mentors for Justice Generation 
Young adult facilitators (ages 23-30) will be trained to guide discussions and assist in all activities of the Justice Generation.  Anyone who has graduated high school can apply to be a facilitator and help younger students learn, and also learn and grow themselves. Applications are due August 1.


After Covid-19 Updates. Read about the Phases for Re-Opening here. Is that document too long? Read the summary version here

Links for Worship

  • Join Zoom worship by going to this link at 10:30 AM on Sunday: https://zoom.us/j/806489040. Or call in at 1-312-626-6799 (Meeting ID: 806 489 040). 
  • Want prayer? During our Prayers of the People, we will read your prayer requests. Submit your prayer requests here
  • Download. Get your bulletin here.
  • Having trouble? Try logging off and logging back on to Zoom during the video. Or simply log off and call in. 
  • Missed last week? Check out the Facebook Live video on our page here
Give on PayPal
http://ravenswoodfellowshipumc.org
Facebook
Our mailing address is:
4511 North Hermitage Ave. Chicago, IL 60640
Contact us at:
ravfelumc@yahoo.com
(773) 561-2610

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.






This email was sent to ravfelumc.church@blogger.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Ravenswood Fellowship UMC · 4511 N Hermitage Ave · Chicago, IL 60640-5303 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Blog Archive