Friday, July 10, 2020

The worst was over!

Ravenswood Fellowship United Methodist Church

The Weekly Newsletter


   Message from Pastor Mori


The worst was over!
After worship, my fiancé Joe asked to me, "How do you feel?"
I said bad. Even after rehearsing twice and putting all of my effort into producing a sermon video, prerecorded sermon did not work well in during our zoom worship. 

I was very disappointed because not only did my first sermon at RFUMC not go well but also, I could not deliver God's word. 
So, I dropped my head and my shoulders slumped and Joe said, "It is good, you know what? The worst one is over. Only better ones are left" After I heard, this I thought, Yes! He is right. (for once!)The worst one had already happened, and tomorrow only held better experiences. 
I thought "Next week will be better" 
Then I prayed to God, and read Psalm 42:5;
 
Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God. 
 
Here, the Psalmist praises God and says to himself, "Why, my soul, are you downcast?"
So I said to myself, why are you down cast: praise God!  Then surprising things started to happen. I received messages from many of you! Messages that cheer me up and comforting words. Some people sent emails and gave me compliments about the good parts of the first worship. Someone even donated a laptop for worship to help the zoom work better. I knew God had sent me to a good community, but I didn't know that I would find this much love and caring. 
 
I want to say thank you, thank you, thank you. 
I deeply appreciate your generous understanding and your trust and support for me.Thank you, and with your love, I will do my best, too. 
Please keep me in your prayers.
 
Again, the worst is over, and with our hope in God, brighter future is always coming. Thanks be to God! 
Blessings 

Pastor Mori O 
 

Ps) Pastor Mori Q&A
Q) What is your favorite YOUTUBE video for this week?
A) Mine is here, Over 100 celebrities, performers sing 'Sweet Home Chicago' to support artists in Illinois. 

 
 

Give on PayPal

Community Info & Links

Now Open Café Mori Please visit Café Mori (Pastor's office in the church) 
We have prepared super delicious free coffee and tea. 
                         July Café Mori Hours Tue-Fri 10:00-12:00,1:00-3:00 

Garden Project -RFUMC Garden team is going to resume our work day this Saturday July 11th between 8:30 to 12:30. If you could come and join us to help for even a short time, it would be greatly appreciated!! Please bring gardening gloves, saw (electric/manual), hedge clippers/pruners if you have them. If you plan on gardening this weekend, please email Yuko Darcy at yukochicago@hotmail.com

A Statement from the NIC Cabinet
United Methodist Church leaders have launched a plan of action to galvanize church members and others to actively stand against racism in the wake of the death of George Floyd and protests across the U.S.
Read the NIC Cabinet's statement; We Must Resist Racism

Seeking Teens who care about Racial Justice! Justice Generation
Be part of a group of United Methodist high school students (grades 9-12) who are learning and acting for racial justice. This learning group is limited to 40 students. Applications are due August 1.  

Seeking Young Adult Leaders/Mentors for Justice Generation 
Young adult facilitators (ages 23-30) will be trained to guide discussions and assist in all activities of the Justice Generation.  Anyone who has graduated high school can apply to be a facilitator and help younger students learn, and also learn and grow themselves. Applications are due August 1.


After Covid-19 Updates. Read about the Phases for Re-Opening here. Is that document too long? Read the summary version here

                  
Links for Worship

  • Join Zoom worship by going to this link at 10:30 AM on Sunday: https://zoom.us/j/806489040. Or call in at 1-312-626-6799 (Meeting ID: 806 489 040). 
  • Young People's Bible Study. Ages 12-18 are invited to join the Zoom discussion of Jesus stories at 9 AM on Sunday mornings. Join the Zoom call here (Meeting ID: 873 2762 8076)
  • Want prayer? During our Prayers of the People, we will read your prayer requests. Submit your prayer requests here. 
  • Download. Get your bulletin here.
  • Having trouble? Try logging off and logging back on to Zoom during the video. Or simply log off and call in. 
  • Missed last week? Check out the Facebook Live video on our page here
Give on PayPal
http://ravenswoodfellowshipumc.org
Facebook
Our mailing address is:
4511 North Hermitage Ave. Chicago, IL 60640
Contact us at:
ravfelumc@yahoo.com
(773) 561-2610

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.






This email was sent to ravfelumc.church@blogger.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Ravenswood Fellowship UMC · 4511 N Hermitage Ave · Chicago, IL 60640-5303 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Blog Archive